SPECTIS MOULDERS FREIGHT POLICY
At Spectis Moulders, we strive to give you the best quality product and delivery times possible. Freight is a large part of completing your order and we want it to be a smooth and easy part of your order experience.
Most packages that are less than 8’ in length will normally ship with UPS, unless the packages do not qualify due to weight or size restrictions. For orders that require skids or crates and are over 8’ in length, we use various trucking companies that provide ‘Less than a truck load’ (LTL) services. Our Spectis shipping team will always do their best to find the most economical and reliable transportation company for your size of order.
Information we will need from you when placing your order with Spectis Moulders:
- ‘Ship To’ address, including the zip code/postal code
- If it is a business or residence
- Phone number of receiver
Freight information we provide on your emailed invoice on the ship date:
- Freight company delivering your order
- Date your shipment left Spectis Moulders
- Tracking number (if available)
- Tracking number can be found on the top left of your invoice, underneath the name of carrier
Please note that any shipment or delivery/lead times provided by Spectis Moulders are estimates only. We do not guarantee delivery by a specific date.
Contact your Spectis Moulders Territory Manager to get a freight quote.
Please note, additional charges such as, but not limited to:
- residential delivery,
- limited access,
- liftgate service,
- delivery notification appointment etc. may apply.
DELIVERY & RECEIVING POLICY
- ALL SHIPMENTS MUST BE INSPECTED FULLY UPON RECEIPT and REPORTED WITHIN 24 HOURS, FOR DAMAGE OR LOSS (visible or concealed). DO NOT SIGN THE BILL OF LADING UNTIL THIS IS DONE.
- While driver is still present:
- verify that the products are yours
- that your entire order has been unloaded, correct number of items
- If you receive a shipment damaged or with incorrect quantities, RECORD THAT INFORMATION ON THE BILL OF LADING. TAKE PHOTOS OF THE DAMAGED PRODUCT AND PACKAGING IMMEDIATELY. (Freight claims are much more successful when photo shows damaged product with original packaging, and better yet, if still on the truck.)
- Keep all the original packaging. If it becomes necessary for the delivery carrier to verify the cause and extent of damages, failure to retain packaging could result in your claim being denied.
- If you receive a shipment where you feel you will not be able to use any of the products, refuse the shipment and write on the Bill of Lading: “Damaged goods in shipment – Product refused”. Notify Spectis Moulders immediately.
- Spectis Moulders will file a freight claim on your behalf. Please ensure you have the following information available to expedite the claim process:
- Copy of delivery receipt and/or bill of lading WITH ORIGINAL NOTES OF DAMAGE
- Photos of received damaged packages and/or crates
- Notes of extent of damage – partly salvageable or total loss
- It is our policy to charge for all replacement orders. Credits for damaged or lost goods are only issued if the claim is approved by the carrier.
- Please note: If the original bill of lading was signed and received in good condition without inspecting the product, Spectis Moulders will not be able to file a claim against the carrier on your behalf, and as such, no Credit/Refund/or Product Replacement will be granted.
UNLOADING YOUR ORDER
When your order is delivered to the address you provided, you are responsible for unloading the product. Boxes can be unloaded by hand but most of the time, a forklift with forklift operator needs to be available for all skids and crates to be unloaded. This is not the responsibility of the truck driver.
RETURNING STANDARD PRODUCT
In the unlikely event that you feel it is necessary to return a product to Spectis Moulders, please note that every return will need an Authorization number and an Authorization of Returning Goods Form that you can get from your Spectis Territory Manager. The form will need to be completed and emailed back to the Territory Manager.
Any custom item made specifically to your specifications or any Iron Flex or Deco Flex product (even if it is a standard catalogue profile) is non-returnable and non-refundable. For standard polyurethane products that are in our catalogue, we have a 30% restocking charge and you will be responsible for all return freight and border crossing charges. NO PRODUCT CAN BE RETURNED AFTER 180 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THE ORIGINAL INVOICE.
If you want to proceed with your return, contact Spectis Moulders. Once your products have been inspected and marked as resalable, we will issue a credit.